Thursday, April 8, 2010
Confessions of a Photoholic
Ok so I know that after you have read this you might think I am a little more dorky than you previously thought but I had to get this off my chest. I love pictures! My children will tell you that at times I can take it a little too far. Maybe if I explain why it will mentally justify the fraud I have perpetrated on my poor, unsuspecting, blog readers. I like to scrap book and try to capture some of the things that we do as a family. As time goes by you realized that you can no longer remember some of the details of an event, or completely forget something. You sometimes forget the exact way one of your children looked when they did .... So by taking pictures and scrap booking it helps me remember the things we did and then in turn brings back fond memories I would have lost due to time. Well, on Saturday morning after I got home from work I told the kids they had better get their shoes on and grab a trash bag because some kind of animal had knocked over the trash and it was all over the yard. They begrudgingly started to head outside. What they didn't know was that I had gone and hid about 140 something Easter eggs all over the yard. After a few seconds of, " I don't see any trash anywhere" they realized they had been duped. They excitedly ran around gathering eggs, looking in holes in the fence, finding some in trees and grapevines. It was so much fun watching them! I had only one slight problem. I had forgotten to charge my battery to my camera. Everyone continued with their Easter egg hunt. I was a little bummed but I thought that maybe I could have my pictures anyway. The following week I took the kids to the park and we had another Easter egg hunt. They were pretty good sports about the whole thing and I think they had fun finding eggs all over again. So there you have it. The above pictures of our fake Easter egg hunt :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment