Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Newest member of the family







I have a friend that volunteers with her daughters at the pound and she told me that they just got a shipment of over 200 dogs from California that they were rescuing. Josh had the day off and I was trying to think of something fun to do with Barbie, Josh and I since the other kids were in school. We decided to go check it out and maybe take a look at the puppies. I've gone to the pound many times with the kids and just let the kids pet the kittens or dogs. We have always told the kids we were just visiting. We stopped at each cage and Barbie was having a blast as they would poke their little noses through the cages and lick her hand. As we were doing this I noticed Josh had stopped at one particular cage and he turned to me with his big hazel eyes batting at me and I knew there was no way I could tell him no.
Roxy is a one year old Boxer. She is so adorable.
She is great with the kids.
She loves going to the park.
Loves playing ball, frisbee and just running around.
She is a lot of fun!
Roxy absolutely adores Josh. She is definitely his dog. On the first night she came home when it was time to hit the sack she jumped up and plopped herself right in the middle of Josh and I. She wanted to be right next to him. Josh had Roxy move over on the other side of him. Some time in the middle of the night I found myself half pushed off my own bed and almost on the floor. Not only does she snore and sleep diagonal across the bed but she is trying to boot me out. LOL

No comments: